This is how to update your software and map data in Lexus or Toyota equipped with the 7th generation navigation system (2012-2015).
The process is described step-by-step. Note that there are hints under the photos.
- Turn on the ignition and start the engine. Insert the USB flash drive with an update.
- Go to 'Menu -> Navi -> Map data' and select 'Data update' option.
- Wait until the data is read.
- You will see a confirmation that the new map version is found and ready to install.
- Next you will be asked for a license code. Enter the code you received from us and select 'Ok'.
- Select 'Yes' to start the software update.
- Wait till the software update is complete.
- Turn off the ignition and turn it on again, leaving the engine up and running.
- Wait till the new software version is initialized.
- Now the map data update will start.
- You can check the progress in 'Map data' section in 'Menu -> Navi -> Map data'.
- When the update is complete, the dialog asking you to restart the vehicle is shown.
- Turn off the ignition and turn it on again.
- Go to 'Menu -> Navi -> Map' data to ensure that the new version is installed.
- Now the update is complete and you can pull out the USB flash drive.